Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Window Dressing.
My favourite window in Sydney.

A little menswear shop next to the Wentworth Hotel on - is it Phillip Street at that point? Opposite Chifley Plaza.

No idea what the shop's called.




Look closely - can you see what they use on the shelves?

Is it not beautiful?

Do you not love those socks? Even though they would be completely hideous against any other non-striped background?




I should go for an analogy here.

Something deep and meaningful about how we window dress our lives. How the coloured pencils look like a solid base until someone bumps one and the whole lot clatters to the floor.

But - nah.

I'm enjoying the pretty colours.

Sometimes it's enough, just to plumb the shallows.



mtc
Bec


9 Comments:

Blogger My float said...

Plumbing the shallows is good. Goodness knows I do a lot of that every darn day! Love those socks.

Blogger nutmeg said...

Hey, I just spent nearly 3 hours at the Myer's Christmas shopping night. Let me tell you about "the shopping high shallow..." And Myer's is nowhere near as pretty as that shop!

Blogger Bec said...

And Robby Robot. I forgot to mention him: what a hottie!

Blogger Joke said...

Me like the pretty colors.

-J.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joke took the words right out of my mouth.

Blogger Scribbit said...

I get the best of both worlds, seeing the windows but not having to actually go shopping. Love it.

Blogger Stomper Girl said...

I love love love stripey socks. I regularly request them as presents. The pencil shelves are fab.

Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

That is one fantastic window! And I love the idea of a business man sitting down in a meeting, crossing his legs and revealing those wonderful socks :)

Blogger LBA said...

ooh - how'd I miss this entry ??

*LOVE* the pencils. Always good to see someone being a little creative in window-dressing land.

And Surfing: yes, love it. Business men with a difference ;)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer