Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Window Dressing.
My favourite window in Sydney.

A little menswear shop next to the Wentworth Hotel on - is it Phillip Street at that point? Opposite Chifley Plaza.

No idea what the shop's called.




Look closely - can you see what they use on the shelves?

Is it not beautiful?

Do you not love those socks? Even though they would be completely hideous against any other non-striped background?




I should go for an analogy here.

Something deep and meaningful about how we window dress our lives. How the coloured pencils look like a solid base until someone bumps one and the whole lot clatters to the floor.

But - nah.

I'm enjoying the pretty colours.

Sometimes it's enough, just to plumb the shallows.



mtc
Bec


9 Comments:

Blogger My float said...

Plumbing the shallows is good. Goodness knows I do a lot of that every darn day! Love those socks.

Blogger nutmeg said...

Hey, I just spent nearly 3 hours at the Myer's Christmas shopping night. Let me tell you about "the shopping high shallow..." And Myer's is nowhere near as pretty as that shop!

And Robby Robot. I forgot to mention him: what a hottie!

Blogger Joke said...

Me like the pretty colors.

-J.

Anonymous carolyn said...

Joke took the words right out of my mouth.

Blogger scribbit said...

I get the best of both worlds, seeing the windows but not having to actually go shopping. Love it.

Blogger Stomper Girl said...

I love love love stripey socks. I regularly request them as presents. The pencil shelves are fab.

Blogger Surfing Free said...

That is one fantastic window! And I love the idea of a business man sitting down in a meeting, crossing his legs and revealing those wonderful socks :)

Blogger h&b said...

ooh - how'd I miss this entry ??

*LOVE* the pencils. Always good to see someone being a little creative in window-dressing land.

And Surfing: yes, love it. Business men with a difference ;)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer