Thursday, January 04, 2007
Resolution 2007? Sorted.

I know, I know: it's been a while.
I'm back in the blogosphere, I think. And yes, I'm even tut-tutting myself.





But I've been having a lot of fun back here in the real world.

Work got quiet, as expected. And now I'm on holidays for The Entire Month of January. But there will be more on that later.

Right now I have to fill in some of the gaps since December 16...

So, we have been doing a LOT of entertaining, hence I have been doing a LOT of cooking.

Sometimes I needed help.



I firmly believe you can never be too young to learn about sharp knives.

And, also, the Christmas thing was happening and happening and happening and Gawd it sometimes was SOOO SLOW - and other times just so damn fast:



(that's a visual gag, you may have to look close to see it)

And with all the entertaining that's been going on, I've naturally had to do a lot of washing of the hair. Sometimes it was even mine.



Also? After this was taken? That grout was blitzed with industrial bleach. No, really, it's blindingly white now. Gee willikers, you just HAVE to believe me or I'll die of shame...

What else? Lounging about of course, as befits the Ladies Lounge.



You know, the irony of this shot is that my husband does not like this cat AT all. And yet the two of them make EXACTLY the same dent in the sofa cushion and it drives me IN-FUCKING-SANE.

They both know it, too. Bastards.

All things considered, there would not have been a lot of time for blogging anyway. But there is another reason I have not been hanging out en-blogge.




My New Year's resolution for 2007 is this:

quit being such a frigging over-achiever.

There. I finally admitted it and yes, My Float, you've been saying it for years and I've been denying it and DAMMIT you've been right the whole time.

I'm not sure how I will go with this slow-life thing. It can't be fully realised because, y'know, full-time job, three kids, ever-lovin' husband, mega A-type personality... it's going to be a challenge.

But I am very proud of the number of times since December 16 that I have simply made do with less in my life.

It feels good.

Wishing you all a very slow and satisfying 2007.

There will, almost certainly, be mtc.

Bec

Labels:



24 Comments:

Blogger KPB said...

Well I was wondering where you got to.

Blogger Joke said...

I think using photos of the children to deflect those pesky "Well, where in the Hell did you go?" questions was veddy, veddy clevah indeed.

You clevah girl.

-J.

Blogger Jane Henry said...

Hey Bec, nice to have you back.

Believe me, underachieving takes some doing, but it is very satisfying...

And now you know about my mushrooms you can't possibly be worried about your grouting...


Happy New Year Y'all.

Love Janex

Blogger velcro said...

Welcome back stranger!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, THERE you are!
And viewing photos of the children was worth the wait.

Tenks!
MsCell, who is tired of the bloggy log in.

Blogger Caro said...

I'll drink to the slow 2007.

So far mine isn't, but I'll keep hoping.

Blogger Badger said...

Well. It's about damn time!

Blogger kt said...

Hear, hear!

I, too, have decided to let things go a bit. My big project for 2007 is to get enought trained monkeys (er, make that personnel) (have to learn to do the strike-through thingy) to be able to cut back at work to a FOUR-day work week, preferably three.

It may take some doing, but I am firmly convinced that this is a good idea.

We missed you! But are gleeful to hear and see the holiday fun at your casa.

Blogger meggie said...

So glad to see you back!

Good to hear you have had some R & R, too!

Blogger Stomper Girl said...

I didn't even see that grout till you pointed it out.

Love the little helpers. And the hairwash pixie. And the slouchy cats.

Nice to have you back. Good luck with the resolution. You've blogged it now so you'll have to stick to it!

Blogger Emma said...

Hey, you're back! Have a wonderful 2007 :)

Blogger tonypark said...

Good to see you're making do with less alcohol and fewer hangovers, by not fronting to The Barman's coastal chaos NYE party.

I'm finding Sydney in the summer good for doing nothing - especially not blogging. Not very inspiring, lying on a beach. No monkeys, no land rover, no near-death experiences with animals.

And, while I'm down and on this line, did you know they only serve light beer at the SCG (except in the boxes where the pollies and rich people are allowed to get pissed on full strenght).

I miss riding in the back of Bakkies and drinking and driving in the Kruger National Park (NB concerned mothers: ONLY in the national park, and only at 20kph).

Blogger nutmeg said...

The lady vanisheth and then returnith! So glad to see you fighting fit and well.

So you're going to join the ranks of the "slow-downers". I've got a few good books for ya mate :-)

The whole of January off? Well deserved. Name a date and I shall come....

Blogger nutmeg said...

Oh looky looky; there's my new picture thingy :-) Christened at the Lounge.

And here it is again!

Blogger Muzbot said...

I'm going to miss re-visiting your page to see the heading "'Tis the season to be ... totally uninspired."

Happy new year and welcome to two oh oh seven. Hope it's a good one for you.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiyah Bec. Just surfacing myself.

Blogger Scribbit said...

Glad to have you back, I figured you were taking a much-needed break.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh good, welcome back, and may your 2007 be as slow and satisfying as possible. I love those aprons your little cooking angels are wearing. Adorable. All the pics are great.

Blogger My float said...

If I was a complete cow, I'd say two things:

1. I don't know how you do it... (because I know just how much you love to hear this!)

and

2. I told you so.

Of course, I'm a nice person so I won't say either. Oh, too late.

Those kids are gorgeous. And I'm so glad you're back. You've been sorely missed.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

w00t ! - you're back.

Sounds like you've been having fun - loved the peek into your home. I think we have the same couch ( Ikea, right ? - with the removable, washable slips ? )

I love it best after it's newly washed, all upright and perky. Unfortunately most often it's crumpled, abused and rather sat-upon looking.

Can you relate ?;)

Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Happy New Year. Nice to have such helpful chef's assistants.

Lisa

Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

A slow and satisfying 2007 is the BEST wish for the New Year I've ever seen. I hope it comes true :D

Blogger Michelle said...

Happy New Year to you Bec. I too am going to venture towards the slow way of life!! Slow and Simple!!!

Anonymous Mens Suits said...

Thanks for sharing I hope you have fun with your kids.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer