Wednesday, October 11, 2006
STOLEN BY BITACLE What do you think?
STOLEN BY BITACLE

I must be feeling better - I went virtual shopping and bought (free!) a virtual new blog dress from Zoot Designs. Now I'm a bit nervous about how different it looks and whether I have overstepped my very rudimentary blog template tweaking skills.

Do you like it? I'm still tweaking and suggestions are welcome.

And thanks for all your kind thoughts about the Gorgeous Boy's Scarlet Fever and my own vile disease.

I'll be back at work tomorrow.

Because. You know what's worse than being away from work and having everything fall apart without you?

Being away from work and having everything NOT fall apart without you thanks to younger and prettier assistant.

I need to get back there to point out how badly she's done everything in my absence.

KIDDING!!

I need to get back there to express my undying gratitude in person and shower rose petals at her feet.

Then, and only then, will I pick apart everything she thinks she's achieved and undermine her efforts with senior management...

mtc
Bec


16 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

Love the pink, glad you're feeling better.

Blogger Bec said...

Scribbit! I was just hunting down your url for the new link box. Thanks for the thoughts. I'd love a real life dress in this pattern but I think I'd just scare bees.

Blogger nutmeg said...

I think I must have just missed your post about the scarlet fever and your strep throat yesterday. What a harrowing couple of days you've had. Hope you both are on the mend now.

I like your return to work method - the smiling assassin. Hey a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Protect your own sista!

Blogger nutmeg said...

Oh, I forgot to say I lurve your new blog template. Especially the colour scheme, flowers and the "Home" "Root, Shoot, Marry Rules" etc (you know that line, I'm sure there's a name for it, it's not coming to mind...grrrr). It's very Ladies Lounge! Anyway, will watch its development with interest.

Blogger Bec said...

thanks Nutmeg!

The younger prettier assistant rang me just as I was reading your comment and I nearly laughed out my nose.

Blogger Stomper Girl said...

Its de-lightful, its de-licious, its d'lovely. Go the new look.
Your back-to-work plan sounds just a smidge like a cat marking its territory? But not as smelly...

Blogger Bec said...

hi stomper girl - only a smidge?

She's a wonderful girl and I would never dream of undermining her confidence or her reputation in the organisation.

Honest.

Blogger lazy cow said...

Pretty. I want a dress out of that design. So fresh and springy.

Blogger My float said...

See, this is why I hate you. You're half dead, you work till the early hours, you're raising three children (excellently, I might add) and nurturing a marriage and caring for a dog, cat and unknown quantities of fish, and you still manage to get this stuff done.

Seriously. You show me up! Me and my one kid, one partner, part-time job, two bedroom flat, no pets.

Sigh.

(I spose I must say, I'm glad you're feeling better.)

Blogger Bec said...
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great, Bec.

I see you've all survived the epidemic.

Well done you.

Blogger Suse said...

Cripes, I've missed a day or two. Hope you're all on the mend and returning to a more normal facial shade.

Son #1 had Scarlet Fever when he was about 3 or 4, although it was mild. I just thought it was delightfully Victorian and romantic. And then it went away as peacefully as it had come. Nothing like your frightening experience!

You do do things properly, don't you?

And you even make time to redecorate the Lounge ...

Blogger Badger said...
Blogger MsCellania said...

mf, you forgot to add to her Endless List of Unfinishable Tasks; the woman is also Putting in Gardens.
Oy!

I do like the new look. Fresh. Spring-y. FREE! I like that it was free. Free is good.

I'm pissy about blogger right now. It's alot of work to comment again. Sigh.

Blogger meggie said...

Love the new!

Blogger is being a s**t -wont let me get half my sites up, & has utterly stopped one of my favs.

WTF??

Blogger KPB said...

well now you're just showing off.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer